"One touch of Nature makes us all kin."
Then and Now....
In the late 1940's, brothers Jerry and Jim Murray pursued their interest in plants by creating a small nursery on their parent's property on the southeast corner of Transit and Jewett Holmwood Roads. Over several years, the nursery grew to include a greenhouse, and several acres of trees, shrubs and perennials. The business continued to expand with the addition of landscape design and installation services.
By the end of the 1960's Jerry, wife Ruth, and their seven children took ownership of the nursery. The Murray brothers, Skip, Dan, Tom, Pat, and John became so involved in the family business, that they soon outgrew their home property. In 1987, they purchased 36 acres on the corner of Transit Road and Route 20A. This was the start of Murray Bros. Nurseries Inc.
Today, Murray Bros. Nurseries consists of three divisions:
Nursery and container growing operations
Retail garden centre
Landscape design and plant installation